Saturday, February 14, 2004

Diablo Juniper - 23 miles

Rick, JB, and me today. While I was waiting at the Gate an older guy rode by on a steel Bottechia - he looked like one of those guys who has great stories of riding in the good old days, but he just rode right by without saying anything. I figured we'd see him before the Junction because we started just a few minutes later but he stayed ahead of us the whole way and I saw him coming back down just before I crossed the line so he didn't wait around at the Junction either.

Couldn't find the chest strap for my HRM this morning so I don't even know what my time was, but we're definitely riding faster as Spring gets closer. Still pretty cold and still on my winter bike but the drive to push the pace is slowly returning.

Valentine's Day today so I returned home to see my girls.

Click here to sponsor me in the Tour de Cure for the American Diabetes Association
http://tinyurl.com/25lea