Nice and sunny.
Roadkill Observation: OK, this is a new one... a Great Blue Heron?
- Hardly saw any cars on the way up NGR. Any bikes either for that matter - very quiet.
- Past the Ranches it started to get a lot colder and we could see some dark clouds ahead and to the south.
- We didn't stop at Junction long because of the cold, but while we were there we saw about 20 vehicles full of US Marines going up Summit Road and wondered. We waited for them all to go by before we started up. Also, JB realized he hadn't started his GPS after all - there was like another screen that was waiting for an input.
- The fog cleared up a little higher, but it got even colder and more windy.
- Then at Juniper we saw all the Marines - doing some kind of physical training - it was a little less intense than boot camp but they were pretty serious with yelling and push ups and stuff.
JB was ahead of me and almost ran into one of the guys from the Marines - they were hiking up and taking over most of both sides of the road and he didn't see them around a corner. I don't think they still understood how stupid they were being.
The rest of the way down was uneventful.