Saturday, March 28, 2015

2015 SMR11

JB wasn't at the Gate again... so another solo ride to Junction.


No time to do Summit today


But I thought about doing SGR for a Bump de Bump.


Got really windy at elevation though -the kind of wind that's not just not fun, but kind of scary


Stopped for a few photos of this tree that fell down recently.

Passed em -Passed me ratio:  1:1

Passed him


Passed me



JB showed up at Junction and had some kind of good excuse about why he was late, but then it was time for me to go down.  The wind was bad enough that I just didn't want to do any more.


Wildlife Encounter:  snake.  On the descent I saw this guy stretched out across the road.  I turned around and rode back up to him.  He wasn't moving so I was concerned that someone would run over him (car or bike).  Then another guy coming down stopped and we talked about what to do. The snake was certainly not a rattle snake, but he had a poisonous-looking head so we were careful.  He had a skinny, pointy tail and I kind of bumped him with my front tire and then he decided to get off the road.  Checking later, I think he was a gopher snake.

Web photo, not mine.


No comments: