Saturday, August 24, 2024

2024 Diablo Day 22 - Saturday Morning Junction and Turnout Celebration

Today was the celebration event for *almost* completing the bike turnout lanes... I guess they planned this thinking they'd all be done, but there's a little more work to do. There was a news crew and politicians and state park officials and lots of bike riders. Your humble blogger even has a cameo in the news story at 3m39s. There was a lot of thanking and acknowledgment and a lot of my loyal blog readers share some of the credit for donating to this safety campaign as well.

Tarantula Tally: one crawler and one corpse. First two of the year.

I rode past the celebration area at Curry Point on the way up and they were just getting finished with the setup tents. They had bike parking from Valley Spokesmen I think - the kind like they have at centuries and triathlons. Then I went up to Junction expecting to meet with JB but he was a little late so I rode back down to Curry Point where Shawn and Charlie found me right away - good to catch up with them. JB rode his newly-restored Teesdale, with custom Iowa Hawkeye paint including a Tiger Hawk emblem. It was also the first time I saw Charlie's new bike; a carbon fiber Salsa.


Courtesy KPIX TV.




Cal jersey autoblog.


Tarantula!




The Hawkeye bike.






No comments: