Wednesday, October 07, 2026

2026 Diablo Day 54 - Wednesday Morning Juniper

Still in the throes of an early autumn heat wave. We decided to start at 8:30 and barely beat the scorching.

Roxanne is in the shop for her free new bike tune-up. Alamo Trek called me and said I need new brake pads already... 1100 miles seems like a short life-span but I'm new to all this. They said I should just plan on a couple replacements per year.  Riding Eddy today and I think he has the same pads that I put on about 5 years ago... I was reminded about how much harder you have to squeeze cable-operated rim brakes for the same effect.  

 









Maayan Jones was the rider killed by a truck in the residential area up the hill from The Athenian.  They took the ghost bike down about a year ago, but they just moved his memorial sign to the hole in the fence.  I approve.

Today we had an Alpe d'Huez jersey, a Mount Ventoux jersey, and two Mount Diablo jerseys.  

No comments: