Monday, September 01, 2014

Labor Day Bonus Post

Went to spin class yesterday.  The cool video thing they usually do on Sunday mornings was broken.  

Look at all that DATA!
I had a moment of sudden clarity when I uploaded this screen shot from Training Peaks.  With a lot of free services they offer a taste of the deluxe data, and if you want additional data  you have to pay for the premium subscription price or something and that makes sense of course.  But with Training Peaks, they give you WAY TOO MUCH data with the free plan, and if you want to filter it all out into something more useful you have to pay the fee... BRILLIANT!


Who has opposable thumbs, a box full of tools, and can install his own fenders?   THIS GUY!  I figure the earlier I put them on, the earlier it'll start raining and save California from the drought.


I kind of wanted black fenders, to keep with the stealth look of my fixed-gear commuter, but REI only had chrome ones and I didn't really feel like shopping around.


I was a little concerned that it'd look too much like a Harley... what do you think?


Fenders are notoriously finicky to install, but when you get it right, there is a real pride of craftsmanship.

1 comment:

Curtis Corlew said...

I like the chrome for contrast. Good job. And if you think they're hard, try installing around disc brakes. It took me hours...