Saturday, January 23, 2016

2016 SMR 01

I am still here for you, loyal blog readers!


A Rainy January Commute from Diablo Scott on Vimeo.

After the New Year's Day ride on a Friday, I didn't ride on Saturday like usual.  Then came the rains and I missed the next two Saturdays also (9th and 16th)... but I did get a Junction ride on Sunday the 10th.  So anyway, this IS the first official Saturday Morning Ride of 2016.



JB e-mailed me yesterday and said "rain or shine", so I was semi-committed as well.  On my morning dog walk I eyed the skies... not raining at the moment but there were some scary black clouds.  I made the call: "there will be riding".



Lots of green and wet on The Mountain.  Just a little drizzly up to Junction, we only saw two other riders, both coming down.  OH, and some crazy MTBers on a distant trail yelling "whoop" and "yee-hah".

Roadkill Report:  an possum just before The Gate





There are two new benches at Junction - in honor of Pete Zucker and his wife Monica, whose stories have been told here before... nice tribute to nice people who brought honor to Diablo.  I don't know what happened to the Eagle Scout benches.







We weren't the only riders on The Mountain today - check out these smiling faces!



Good thing we turned around at Junction - as soon as I got home, the rain got really heavy.





No comments: