Saturday, October 13, 2018

2018 SMR 39

Well that bike maintenance day I mentioned last week got scheduled and executed and the Belgian Beast was in fine nick for today and hopefully the rest of the season.

Seemed somehow calmer today, maybe because The Challenge is over and people aren't training... maybe just my imagination.

My Garmin alerted that there was a high fire danger today - didn't seem likely but it's been exactly a year since the Sonoma fires and you never want to ignore a fire alert.

Wildlife Encounter:  deer and more deer

Roadkill Report:  a few small snakes

Diablo Shoutout to Punkin Jay who spend Friday in the emergency room... crash yes, Diablo no, bike's OK.







I allow - even hep - good descenders to pass me.

... but if they can't stay in front of me they get the contemptuous snub as I pass back.

Ready for l'Eroica next year.  Except for the pedals.

No comments: