Saturday, June 24, 2023

2023 Diablo Day 28 - Saturday Morning Junction. Turnout Pledge Ride #2

The Mount Diablo Cyclists are fund raising for more bike turnouts!. I have pledged to donate $5 for every time I ride Diablo from today until the end of September; won't you join me?  Here's the link - tell them Diablo Scott sent you.    Bike Turnouts

It was kind of chilly during my morning recon/dog walk, so I checked my weather app and it wasn't showing much for warming in the next few hours. I decided to wear a light jacket. But I couldn't remember where I put my windbreaker... until I found some old boxes in the guest bathroom. They were full of personal items and top secret submarine documents about Polaris missiles and contingency plans in case of nuclear war with Ireland. I was worried I maybe shouldn't have those docs - until I found a free Android app for declassifying documents just by taking a photo of them... it's called "SnapDeClass"*

*I will get a small referral fee if you download the app using that link.

Wildlife Encounter:  some young deer crossing the road near the hole in the wall.

At the Tire Poppers I took off my windbreaker and stuffed it in my jersey pocket. It was nice the rest of the way up. Put it back on for the way down.


Time to trim the bushes out of the bike lane.


DEER !



This guy passed me like I was riding a Huffy with flat tires...
he must've been an ex-pro or something.

I posed like an ex-pro so this guy wouldn't feel embarrassed
thinking he was being passed by a codger with a wonky knee.







No comments: