Wednesday, August 26, 2026

2026 Diablo Day 43 - Wednesday Morning Junction

After Charlie and I did a fast pace to Juniper last week, I was wiped out the rest of the day, so I asked for some mercy today, and we did a fast pace to Junction only.  It got pretty hot later in the afternoon, so that was another good reason to go light today.

Tarantula Tally: one squished one.

RIP Dolly Parton. I don't have a personal story, but I always admired her ability to maintain that loveable persona no matter how big she got in the entertainment world. I once heard her on an interview show, and she was asked about regrets. She said she was planning to do a duet song with Elvis Presley, but she didn't like the terms his manager put on the deal, so it never happened. She regretted that she let business decisions get in the way of making history.

It was a little windy coming down. I find myself being extra cautious on the descents these days. A little of it is the way my new bike handles; mostly it's my deteriorating skills, nerve, and reaction time.  




I always like to take the outside line around this turn.


Tarantula




We stopped to help this guy, but he didn't need anything.


No comments: