Wednesday, September 09, 2026

2026 Diablo Day 47 - Wednesday Morning Juniper

Today's the hottest day of a little heat wave we're having, and everybody knew it. Charlie suggested an early start to escape the worst of it, and I agreed.  

I offered a fast Junction or a slow Juniper and he opted for the latter. I suggested a 50 minute Junction pace and that worked out perfectly.

By the time we got to the 1,000 elevation sign, we could feel the cloak of oppression over us... the air was thick and warm and still. Somewhere in the distance, a carcass was putrefying.

Wildlife Encounter:  two deers at Bridal Nook. Didn't get a photo.

Saw a bunch of squished tarantulas, but I only Tally the crawlers after the first one.




Early start for us, late start for schools... I passed a lot of cars.





When I take a photo with Charlie, I try to make myself look taller.

Charlie has no such objective.


No comments: