Saturday, September 19, 2026

2026 Diablo Day 50 - Saturday Morning Junction

The dog walk was cold this morning so I had trouble motivating myself and got a late start. There were more riders and a lot more traffic though, so I'm going to find the motivation to start on time even when it's cold... maybe I need some new tights or something.

There was a group of vintage cars going up - probably related to the Concourse d'Elegance in Danville tomorrow. That might be a fun thing to go to; I'm not into cars but I'm into public festivals.

A guy passed me near the helicopter pad and as he went by, my bluetooth speaker went silent, and then came back on when he got some distance. I passed him back a while later and he said he pulled over because his computer rear-radar told him I was a car... then we wondered if his radar had communications blocking technology. We chuckled nervously about that.

Met a guy named Mike at Junction. He said it was his first ride up Diablo, he's from LA on temporary work assignment and signed up for The Mount Diablo Challenge.  I gave him some tips and we took a selfie.

I stopped at Vulture Gulch for a photo - you really can't see most of it from the road. There's a creek or something down there and I thought maybe animals seek water when they're dying; Google says "sometimes - depends on why they're dying".  


Radar Guy

These old sport cars can pass a bike without crossing the lane markers.

Me and Mike from LA

Hey - it's future Pogacar again!


Vulture Gulch


No comments: