Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Gate-Junction-Gate



Felt pretty good today, drove to the church and parked. There was a woman there prepping her bike and chatting on her cell phone at the same time. She started riding just before I did and while I was stopped at the stop sign, she turned left and rode up the wrong side of the street like an idiot. I passed her right away.

Wildlife Encounter: a whole swarm of turkey vultures circling over the Loading Dock, must have been something about ready to die but I couldn't tell what it was.

Wow, it got very windy all of a sudden. A little ways up the road Mark A passed me up, said "hi neighbor" and then he was gone. In fact I got passed by a fast guy every couple minutes the whole way up!

Wind died down with about three to go and then I spotted a guy that I thought I could pass near the Upper Ranch. By the looks of him (skinny, shaved, Team Peg jersey) he should have been going a lot faster, maybe he was recovering from pneumonia or something. I accelerated and went around him with a big swig of schadenfreude.

JB and Amanda were already at the Junction along with way too many bugs so we didn't stay long.




Bonus Quiz: Where is this line of pennies in the asphalt? Crap, it's out of focus.

2 comments:

kid kulaki! said...

this is around at the first right turn after the beggining of the climb.

Unknown said...

Penny lane, of course