Saturday, February 17, 2018

2018 SMR 06

Way warmer than it had any reason to be today... almost could've gone shorts and no jacket.

Lots and lots of people enjoying The Mountain this morning.  Normal amount of riders, but way more hikers and picnickers.

JB was gone two weeks ago, and I was gone last week, so this was our first ride together since January.  I don't know why I thought I'd be the stronger one today, but I wasn't.  Felt fine, but on The Wall, I got a fatal cramp.  The Wall is 120 full crank revolutions in my lowest gear... I count each half revolution as a "step" and at step  #80 I felt the cramp coming on, at step #82 I was thinking I might be able to ride through it, and there was no step #84; I finished with the walk of shame... in pain.



This guy wasn't smooth, but he was fast.





Right here's where the cramp took control.



No comments: