Saturday, July 15, 2023

2023 Diablo Day 33 - Saturday Morning Junction. Turnout Pledge Ride #7.

The Mount Diablo Cyclists are fund raising for more bike turnouts! I have pledged to donate $5 for every time I ride Diablo until the end of September; won't you join me?  The State of California will MATCH our donations! Here's the link - tell them DiabloScott sent you.  

LINK->  Bike Turnouts

Summer is here my loyal readers! Excessive heat warnings for the whole Diablo area, forecast for 98°F by noon so I left at 7:30. My water bottle started out froze - that didn't last long. Didn't hang around at Junction very long either - got home in time to take my dog to the park before it got too oppressively hot.

Lots of other people had the same idea of course - The Mountain was alive with cyclists.

Wildlife Encounter:  a cute little cottontail in Blackhawk.






Colonel Al recognized me despite our blazing approach speed.

I passed two guys!








No comments: