Saturday, July 29, 2023

2023 Diablo Day 37 - Saturday Morning Junction. Turnout Pledge Ride #11.

The Mount Diablo Cyclists are fund raising for more bike turnouts! I have pledged to donate $5 for every time I ride Diablo until the end of September; won't you join me?  The State of California will MATCH our donations! Here's the link - tell them DiabloScott sent you.  

LINK->  Bike Turnouts

Wildlife Encounter: two deers in Blackhawk.

Beautiful weather today and I put in my best SGR time of the year. Didn't wear my knee brace again today and things felt pretty good - the weakness shows up sometimes in places I wasn't expecting... like getting back on the saddle after a period of pedal dancing.

Didn't see anybody I knew, didn't talk to anybody other than on-the-road acknowledgments, and didn't hang around at Junction.

Now that the Death Ride is over, it seems a little more quiet on The Mountain. Only 11 other riders showed up on my Strava Flyby... three of them were named John, and wan was Joann... I've estimated the odds of this happening as about the same as my chances of winning $1 billion in the lottery next week... so I'm buying a ticket. If you don't hear from me - just send me a Venmo request and I'll beam you over a couple thou.














No comments: