Wednesday, May 14, 2008

2008 WNR 07

Since it's Bike to Work Week, I decided not to do my usual Wednesday pick-up with bike in the rack routine. This meant I had to carry all my bike junk in my work backpack and change at the office.


It was supposed to be almost 100°F tonight but it didn't get that hot. It's definitely hot and dry though and it feels like a desert. I brought two bottles of ice Cytomax but didn't get the freezing time quite right... the Polar bottle was still pretty cool by the end though.


Started up at 5:32 after about a 20 minute ride to the Gate. Figured JB and Adam would be right behind me. The Diablo Cyclists are leaving later now, so most of them passed me around the Lower Ranch. The heat wasn't that bad but my eyes get really dry in weather like this... I think I'm going to have to start carrying drops with me.


Adam and JB showed up at the Gate. There were a dozen or so riders hanging out, and then we all went down.



After the Mountain I had to go back to the office to get my backpack. Then back home on my regular commute route where I snapped this photo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your post about this ride. I live in Stockton and work in Pleasanton so my ride in to work didn't have as much climbing as yours.

I love riding Diablo as well... probably my favorite place to ride!