Saturday, November 02, 2013

2013 SMR 33

Cooler than last week, but not by much.

Last ride of Pacific Daylight Time - we were staring into the sun for a good bit of the trip... that'll be different next week.

JB was a little late to the Gate, but I wasn't in a hurry.  We had an enjoyable journey.


Wildlife Encounter:  A HAWK!  You can't always tell if a hawk's a hawk in the air, but when they're perched on a naked tree branch they have that distinctive profile and you're sure.

The Mountain abides, and life fights back from the fire damage.

About three miles from home I had a blowout - didn't think I ran over anything but something made a big gash out of my rear tire.  I wasn't sure a boot would hold but I stuck a dollar bill in there and only enough pressure in the new tube to be rideable and made it home OK.  Put on my last reserve tire this afternoon - time to re-stock the rubber.




No comments: