Saturday, November 23, 2013

2013 SMR 36

Nice weather today after a very windy week.  I was expecting to see a lot of fallen tree branches but the road was clean.

JB still hasn't fixed his bottom bracket - it's become a running joke.



JB started up to the Summit with me but then his knee started hurting so he turned around at Toyon.

Warmer and windy up past Blue Oak.
 I unzipped my windbreaker and it flapped around in the wind,
giving my shadow the appearance of a superhero with a cape.


Bianchi Boy passed me twice but stopped at picnic areas
after each time, and I don't think he did The Summit.

Camera check - sat.


Dudley Drive-by above Juniper.


Clear, clean, blue sky: tastes like November in NorCal.

Triple Crown guy and his friend Pannier Guy.





Wildlife Encounter:  Coyote at Diablo Ranch on the descent.

Wildlife Encounter:  Jackrabbit below the Gate on the descent.

Deed of Chivalry:  Saw a little loose dog starting to cross busy Walnut Avenue so I warned the traffic behind me and then stopped to rescue him.  He was a friendly little fellow and came right up to me.  One of the drivers also stopped and we tried to call the number on his tag but it had been disconnected   ;-(    Driver offered to accept responsibility for finding the owner so I continued on home.

No comments: