Wednesday, September 25, 2019

2019 WNR 28

Hot today, but I felt GREAT.  On my first ride up I tried for a PB to Junction.  I was on a 39-minute pace until the last couple miles where I faded bad.  Didn't even make a top 3.






This is what failure looks like.

Tarantula Tally:  One crawler near Diablo Ranch







Back to my vehicle where I had a ClifBar and a couple of water bottles on ice for the second time up.  No one else came so it was another solo run.  I took it quite a bit easier but then I got a hamstring cramp at Diablo Ranch.  I stopped for a few minutes and then willed myself to continue despite the pain - then I started to get another cramp in my other leg, but I denied it to myself and kept on going.




Wildlife Encounter:  Deer, turkeys, wolves.


Are these the ranchers' dogs?  Are they really letting dogs loose on the road?  Fortunately they're not aggressive, but don't seem to have any traffic safety sense either.


Roadkill Report:  Bambi


The sun is setting on the 2019 Wednesday Night Riding Season.

No comments: