Wednesday, April 01, 2015

2015 WNR 01



Six of us from work for the first Wednesday Night Ride of the year.  We kept it social until The Bump and then the elastic snapped and we were all over the place.  One of our new guys is training for the AIDS ride and has been doing 120 mile weekends, way too fast for me.  Another one is planning a lot of centuries this year and I almost kept up with him.

Diablo Shoutouts to Punkin Jay and JB, who must've gotten an early start.



Nice weather, a little cool, a little breezy.






Somebody placed this memorial on the bench at The Junction; I recognized the name from previous posts of friends on Facebook.  A sad, sad, story.  She loved riding Diablo, but she died at home, not on a bike.





Going down, the sun was right in my eyes for significant portions of the trip – good thing I know the road so well… still had to descend conservatively though, I’m getting used to that.



No comments: