Saturday, August 31, 2019

2019 SMR 27

Yesterday I took The Klein to Big Dave's and had them put a new chain on for me.  Here's my reasoning:
1.  Did it myself last time, buggered it up and it broke on Wednesday.
2.  Did it myself last time, took 90 minutes and I got all greasy.
3.  I needed my bike for TODAY!
4.  For $20 labor, the mechanic had my drivetrain in perfect nick in 10 minutes, and he verified my cassette was still good.

It's that time of year when riding down Walnut Avenue at 7:45 am puts the sunrise right in your eyes.

I put that chain to the test today too - lots of big gear, low cadence, power stroking; it felt strong and smooth.  

Cal jersey day today.   I got a lot of "Go Bears" shoutouts on The Mountain this morning.

Me and JB tried to get some conversation going - we tried Hurricane Dorian, Medicare Part B... nothing really seemed to stick, so we rode in silence most of the way.  I can't even think of good photo captions.




Cal Jersey Autoblog

It's that time of year where people put up their Alma mater flags in my neighborhood.









Cal Jersey Autoblog

No comments: