Wednesday, April 30, 2008

2008 WNR 05

Forgot my camera tonight, but look at this cool old postcard I found!

This appears to be somewhere near the tire poppers, but it might be way back by the Athenian School... anybody know? The credits said "Circa 1920"
.
Took off solo at 5:30 thinking JB would catch me up pretty quick. Nice tonight, just a little breezy and cool.
.
There was a fast looking couple just ahead of me but they seemed to be riding very slowly - I didn't want to pass them and look like I was throwing down, but they were REALLY slow so just as I made up my mind to come around them, the guy took off in a sprint! Then the woman told me they were doing intervals and had just finished their rest phase... that explains it.
.
JB caught me at Chainbuster - I tailed him for about 100m but then fell off - he likes Wednesday nights. Claims the Cheez-its he ate gave him the extra energy for a sub 40.
.
My times are getting better, but far from good.


No comments: