Thursday, January 01, 2009

Gate-Summit-Gate

I was ready today for super wet fog and pretty cold but it really wasn't that bad. Got an early start and hardly saw any other riders until a few at Junction.

The fog got thicker and thicker as I climbed until I finally rose above it near the Upper Ranch and wow it was truly glorious.

On Summit Road a few roadies passed me and near Muir I saw the first rider descending. I also looked down and saw a lot of trail runners on the paths and fire roads. It got a little windy in some sections but it was pretty good riding the rest of the way to the top.

There were a few hikers and runners and cyclists hanging around at the Summit and there were scores of people coming up as I descended back down.


Money in the shoes for good luck all year.

This carnage was on NGR below the Gate.


I never get over how cool it is to climb out of fog like this.

And suddenly visibility is great and the sky is bluetiful.




Looking down Mitchell Canyon (I think).

This guy had a party hat on but I wasn't quite quick enough to get a good shot.

This guy has been added to the Wall of Ignominy





My favorite shot of the day.








1 comment:

Curtis Corlew said...

Why oh why did you photograph the skunk? I guess you need to be complete, but still.
Love the other photos. Isn't it amazing how the world changes when you climb outta the fog?