Wednesday, August 10, 2011

2011 WNR 08

Quite a bit warmer, dryer, and browner than on my most recent ride last month.



Felt OK but didn't push it... heart rate was high from 1) loss of conditioning, 2) heat, 3) excitement about new pedals.  Only got passed by three guys...



I think there were only four of us up there though.  JB came up later and said he had a flat with a bad spare at Moss Landing.

Wildlife Encounter:  deer at the Bump.




Oddball Sighting:



Thanks for all the nice messages and comments.  Sorry I couldn't find any roadkill to report.



OK, update on my little health issue.  This is a stock web photo, not me, but it shows pretty much what my staph infection looks like - I've got this all over my chest and under arms.  Mostly it's just ugly and gross but some spots are pretty sensitive and some are a little painful.  Stuff is just damn hard to kill but I seem to be winning very slowly.

Not me.




No comments: