Saturday, June 27, 2015

2015 SMR 22

Saw a roadside memorial on my way to The Mountain - near the fire house on Walnut... I figured somebody got hit in the crossing there where the trail is.

After a couple of really hot days - today was perfect.

Wildlife Encounter - BIG flock of turkeys at Diablo Ranch

Brought a banana instead of a Clif Bar to eat at Junction... it was perfect.

We gave this guy a hard time for having a squeaky chain.


My hands were going numb and feeling kind of bruised...I think it's time for a new pair of gloves... hardly any padding left and the stink doesn't come out in the wash anymore.



At Summit, I met Nancy - she was wearing her new Terrible Two jersey and I congratulated her on the awesomeness of finishing that ride last week.  From now on I'm going to refer to her as Terrible Two Nancy.



On the way home, I stopped at the memorial and found out that it was actually for a dog named Gino.  He had gone missing from his home in the neighborhood a few days earlier and was found dumped in the canal with his legs bound like some kind of mafia hit.  There were a few people there who knew the story and filled me in.  Anyway, the memorial also included signs asking for help finding Gino's killer, but no number to call or web page to visit.



No comments: