Wednesday, September 09, 2015

2015 WNR 20

It was a dry heat, but there was a lot of it.




Not many riders though.  Most of the ones I saw were like me, just getting through it, but a few were in full time-trial PB-attempt mode.



Every single one of my work buddies cancelled today, one-by-one, except Hari who got to The Church and then realized he had a flat he couldn't fix.

So it was a long slow ride, with lots of drinking and sweating.  Still enjoyable.  Plus I cleaned my chain last weekend so I was enjoying the smooth power transfer.

There was a lot more shade than I would've guessed, plenty of places to catch a little mini-break from the sun.


Wildlife Encounter:  turkeys just past The Gate

Wildlife Encounter:  DEER!  and another deer near The Ranches



I think the bucks send their girlfriends
across the road first to see if it's safe.


Wildlife Encounter:  more turkeys above Chainbuster

Tarantula Tally:  one




I always try to do just enough of a bunny hop to
sort of "float" over these dots.

No comments: