Sunday, October 04, 2015

2015 Diablo Challenge Volunteer

Another one in the bag.


This is the SEVENTH year I've been a volunteer.  I'm so grateful for an opportunity to be a part of this and promote cycling on Diablo.

The first year I did this was in 2007 - may have been the first year that it was a Save Mount Diablo event instead of whatever the previous charity group was.

So I missed 2 years of volunteering since then, and my involvement looks like this:

2007
2008
2009
2010
2011 - not
2012 - not
2013
2014

In 2007 I called to volunteer and the organizer went over some possibilites and when she found out I had a pickup truck suggested that I be a backpack driver.  I'd only had my truck for a few months at that point so it was perfect timing.  Lots of nice advantages to having a truck, this is one of the best.















No comments: