This morning walking my dog and checking out the weather, I noticed a dark rain cloud overhead. Yesterday was damn hot but today was supposed to be a lot nicer - no mention of rain though... and it turned out to be a nothingburger.
They were doing asphalt oiling on my normal route to The Mountain and they had some of the streets closed off so I had to ride on the sidewalk. I promised to remember to take a different way back home.
When I got to St. Tim's I did some stretching and waited for Charlie but then he texted me to start without him because he got TWO flat tires on the way out. I talked to Colnago Ted on his Gios for a while; we discussed old man health issues.
The weather was perfect by the time I got to the Boundary Gate. I felt pretty good, but didn't push TOO hard... and wound up with a time almost as fast as Saturday's ride when I did push hard.
Wildlife Encounter: big mess of turkeys... not interested in conversation.
At Junction I took a normal break and about forgot about Charlie, but he rode in just as I was about to go down... so I took a longer break. We talked about time trial bikes, sunscreen, and friends dealing with health issues.
Kind of windy on the way down... I got blown around some in the switchbacks and was a little nervous so I took it extra safe. Then I remembered to take the long way back home which brought me through downtown Danville so I got to see people having lunch at the outdoor cafes and enjoying the perfect weather.
 |
| Fresh oil and new bikes don't play well together. |
 |
| I let the VSBC go ahead of me. |
 |
| I stayed ahead of these guys for quite a while... but finally had to let them escape. |
 |
| Charlie wore his Alpe de Huez jersey because he earned it, and the Tour is doing it on Friday. |
 |
| I wore this jersey because it was on the top of the pile. |
No comments:
Post a Comment