Saturday, December 16, 2006

BRRRRR

Really frosty this morning but no wind so it wasn't hard to stay warm. It's been raining and there was even a chance of snow at 3,000 feet so the roads were sloppy and I took the Merckx.

Rick and I connected at the Gate and decided not to wait for JB. We saw him a little later from the Bump and figured he'd catch us soon but it wasn't until about Chainbuster.

We hung around Junction for a while and I munched a PowerBar and announced that the plan would be to ride to Juniper and everybody thought that was a good idea. Not too many riders up there today, but more than one might expect given the temperature - thermostat at the Shack said 38° but it really didn't seem that cold to me.



The lens on my camera got a little foggy today I think.


.
.
.













.
.
.












.
.




















That PowerBar gave me just enough boost to do a good effort up to Juniper..


JB's turn to get a flat today..
.
.

No comments: