Wednesday, April 16, 2008

2008 WNR 04

Parked on Doncaster and got going right away. On the way up to the Gate I noticed my Flight Deck wasn't picking up my speed. I pulled out the head and reinserted it and wiggled it around thinking it might be a loose connection... nope. So I figured the battery in the wireless transmitter had gone dead; it's probably about time and this is exactly how it would react and I have a spare battery in my seat bag so I planned on changing it while I waited for JB. Then I looked down and realized I put my front wheel in backwards and the magnet was on the wrong side. d'OH !!!

JB hadn't shown up by 5:30 so I got a head start. WNRs are always more competitive so I reasoned that I needed a little handicap. Absolutely perfect weather and a beautiful sky with an almost full moon made for some great riding.


Not many riders tonight for such perfect conditions.

The bugs at Junction were really thick, they sort of swarmed around like my head like the electron cloud around a heavy atom.

Minimal socializing, fast descending. Tally up another ride on the Mountain.

No comments: