Saturday, April 05, 2008

Diablo and Martinez Cycling Day

Rick's racing in Santa Cruz today. JB and I took a semi-lazy ride to the Junction. It was chilly but clear and beautiful and not windy.


Roadkill Observation: two snakes, not too big.


The Middle Washout is all fixed now. Still kind of sandy on the surface though.

At the Junction, JB turned around for home.

Dudley Driveby: coming down from the Summit while I was munching a PowerBar at the Junction.

I went down to the Kiosk with the intention of taking some photos. It was a really nice day but it was a little foggier and colder on the Easy Side of the Mountain (ESoM). I wound up taking photos of people instead.












This guy saw me taking photos while I was riding and said - "Are you going to post these on your blog?" I thought maybe he recognized me but no, he just assumed anyone riding with a camera must have a blog. LOL




Later, dear daughter and I went to "Martinez Celebrates Cycling". She entered her first race and won a T-shirt.


Diablo Daughter (pink pants) lines up for her first ever criterium.
Afterward, we stayed around and watched the P-1-2 race that Adam was in.

Four or five guys from Rock Racing were even there.


This Webcor guy recognized me.



2 comments:

Curtis Corlew said...

And how did teh girl in pink do?

Diablo Scott said...

All finishers were awarded the same placing... tied for first.

She won a too big T-shirt but she loves it for a nightie.

She was concerned about the technical nature of the course at first, but handled the 180° turn around the traffic cone like a pro.

And she left it all on the road, finishing completely spent and begging for ice cream.