Saturday, May 03, 2014

2014 SMR 11

Eight weeks since my bad crash, that's enough healing.  Not 100% by any stretch, but good enough to ride; also it hurt enough to verify that last week would've been too early.  Pretty windy in places and much cooler than it'd been all week.

Rode my vintage bike because it has lower gears since I wasn't sure what my strength and endurance would be like, and it also has SPD pedals which are easier to unclip from in case I needed to do it quickly.  Everything went fine though; I'll probably do the Klein next week or maybe even Wednesday.

Wildlife Encounter:  young deer at the Bump - it looks like he'd been recently made independent.

JB was just back from a trip and we mostly rode together but I couldn't keep up with him.

Got to Junction and figured I'd go up to Juniper and re-evaluate.  Got to Juniper and decided I had to Summit.  Got to Summit and knew I was coming here all along.

8-week from Diablo Scott on Vimeo.


Last week went to watch the Wente criterium for my birthday and I made this fun little clip.

Wente Criterium 2014 from Diablo Scott on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Glad to see you not only back but hitting the summit!
Perfect that you kept the roundabout in video - made me laugh!