Saturday, May 17, 2014

2014 SMR 13

 Wildlife Encounter:  deer near the goat patch.


10-weeks post pelvis fracture.  Plan today was for the Summit.  Blustery wind on the first half, not so bad on Summit Road.


Lots of riders enjoying the Mountain today; racers, campers, geezers, and everybody in between.




Flanders sock club fist bump to this guy.


Felt pretty good, but my legs and lungs were knackered 
by the time I got to the Upper Parking Lot.

Inside!  Watch your line!

Amgen Tour of California Update:

I made this sketch or what the Upper Lot looked like on Tuesday - there was hardly any room for the racers - anyway, posting this in case anyone wonders what it's like the next time.




And of course... there's a video of the whole experience.  Enjoy, my readers.

Amgen VIP Experience from Diablo Scott on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Curtis Corlew said...

Nice video, I feel like I was there, only on acid. Iove the soundtrack too.

Diablo Scott said...

Thanks.

You know you get a lot more of that trippy sensation when the camera is on the handlebars - nice to get the cables and what not out of the shot in the stills, but way too much sideways motion in the videos. I think I'll put it back on the headtube for a while.