Wednesday, May 18, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 31 - Wednesday Junction

Hottest day of the year so far.  We met at 2PM JB talked about acclimating but it was jumping right into the frying pan.

Brought an extra frozen bottle to drink at Junction - good thinking.

Getting low on sunscreen, so I bought some more after the ride - SPF 30 in a spray for big skin areas, and SPF 55 in a lotion for face parts.  I have a skin cancer screening coming due and I want to be able to tell the doc about my comprehensive sun protection scheme.

Had a dentist exam this morning - JB said I should talk to my admin assistant about keeping Wednesdays open for bike riding. Anyway, that's why the late start, and message received.

Boy I was wasted at Junction - and I didn't even have a good Junction time to show for it.












Poppies are getting thinner and farther apart.

I thought I recognized this rider and slowed down to greet her... then she gave me a funny look and I realized she wasn't who I thought.

No comments: