Saturday, September 10, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 57 - Saturday Junction

Well after a solid week of the highest temperatures in living memory, today was pretty nice. I didn't go Wednesday because of the heat and I felt unfit today. JB had no trouble breaking away and beating me to Junction.

He told me that he did go on a ride Wednesday, but not Diablo, and that he had his second flat. So that was one flat on the Pig Farm ride, one flat on Wednesday, so we both knew that #3 was cued up. The we saw a couple guys on the side of the road fixing a flat.

Then on the way down, he was ahead of me, and when I caught up to him he was on the side of the road fixing flat #3 in two weeks. He assured me he didn't need any help or gear so I went home. Later he called and said both of his spares were bad, and a guy even gave him a THIRD new innertube and THAT one was bad too... and he needed a ride home.

FYI - if you tell the Ranger at The Gate that you're just picking up a friend with a bike breakdown, they'll give you a provisional pass that's good for just that task, and a warning that you can't hang around inside The Park.


Foreshadowing.





Go Hawks!


Hawkeye down.

No comments: