Saturday, September 03, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 56 - Saturday Junction

NGR was open, although they're not quite done with the bike turnout lane construction. Actually the whole Mountain was open. But it was hot and lots of people have exited for cooler areas so there wasn't much auto traffic at all, and cycling traffic was lighter than usual.

I told JB I felt good, but not very energetic. He asked what that meant and I realized I didn't know. Thought about it for a minute and decided it meant that I wasn't expecting a strong finish. Sure enough, I faded badly the last couple miles.

Talked to a tall guy on a classic blue Ciöcc near the Upper Ranch - my first serious bike was a Ciöcc so we had a connection.

The rangers at the Junction were discussing how they were concerned about needing to rescue people from heat illness or fires, and they were hoping it wouldn't be necessary but some folks be dumb, yo.

This guy passed me before the sign... so it doesn't count.

The heat made the trailer sign produce unreadable messages.

You could see the radiant heat transfer off the pavement.

Check out that deluxe bike turnout lane - SAFE!

Another good one.






Tall Ciöcc guy.



No comments: