Wednesday, August 31, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 55 - Wednesday Junction from the Easy Side

No time constraints today. I went late morning because the hot is coming. NGR is still closed to everybody for bike turnout lane construction, so I drove to a soccer park near South Gate... worked fine.

SGR is of course easier than NGR, but not by that much - it starts at a higher elevation so the total climbing is less, and it's a little shorter and the tough sections aren't as tough as the NGR tough sections, and there's more shade and smoother pavement and less gravity... but other than those things... it's almost the same experience.  Hopefully NGR will be open by Saturday.









The turnout lanes are finished except for the striping.








This rider gave me the four-finger wave...
I pretended I was familiar with this greeting and returned the same gesture.




Cal Jersey Autoblog.

Have a patriotic Labor Day my friends.

Cal Jersey Autoblog


1 comment:

Mike said...

Mostly likely the 4 finger wave was probably just that, but if he was a mountain biker it generally means "there's 3 more riders behind me".

We do the same in ADV when we come across people on dirt trails. 1 finger (not that one) means, "I'm Solo". 2 means "there's one more behind me" and so on.

Road moto guys don't do that, but they do give you the down low 2 finger salute more often than not.