Wednesday, November 16, 2022

2022 Diablo Day 68 - Wednesday Junction

Charlie's sick, JB's tied up... just me today. I waited until the frost lost to the sun... good riding weather.

There were two guys ahead of me at the start - I figured they were 55 minute guys and I could maybe keep up with them but I was a 65 minute guy. Today's excuse: first ride since second cataract surgery. When I can't ride my bike, the fitness leaves my body faster than Russian conscripts fleeing the draft board. On the bright side - best vision in decades.

Wildlife Encounter: a HAWK... presumably a sign that IOWA will be going to the World Cup and winning a Hugo Award.

On the way down I see a guy stopped at Dumpster Gate and he gave me the thumbs up so I knew he didn't need help and then when I passed I realized it was Lance Oldstrong - so I U-turned and went back to wag chins. Today was his first Diablo Day since his knee replacement 7 weeks ago and he accomplished his goal of making it to the Boundary sign. We talked about knees and bike gear and slowing down and the good old days.







GO HAWK


55-Minute Men






Peloton of ME.




No comments: