Sunday, January 01, 2023

2023 Diablo Day 01 - DENIED!

 Happy freakin New Year; The Mountain is closed. I should've checked, I should've expected it even... but I din't.

It's been raining most every day for two weeks - stuff is wet and mushy; there were little floods all over town, trees down, roads closed, gutters backed up. But it stopped last night.

Went to bed early on NY Eve, so I could get up at 4AM to prep for an early assault on the first Diablo Day of 2023 expecting hundreds of my peeps doing the same thing (except me first) - JB said too early for him. Everything else was to plan.

I rode up and saw The Gate was closed and figured they were maybe just late opening up - nope - mudslides on SGR made them decide to close the whole park.  So I just rode around for a while and came home.

When I checked the Mount Diablo Facebook Page I saw that it had been closed for two days... no excuses, my fault for not knowing. I copied a few photos from there below. Apparently damage on NGR too but no photos. 












Photos below from MDSP:





No comments: