Wednesday, February 01, 2023

2023 Diablo Day 04 - Wednesday Junction

I'm getting used to this dry weather! Still a couple months away from taking the Klein off the hooks for the season though.

First poppies of the year! Actually I noticed these on Saturday's ride but forgot to blog it - so the official date is January 28 - several weeks earlier than usual. Also lots of green so there was a good mix of storm destruction and natural renewal.

Me and Charlie today - he waited until about 3 miles to go before he dropped me for good, but I only lost about a minute and a half by Junction. Charlie said a friend of his gave him a half-dozen old GoPro's of various models so he had one under his saddle as well as one on his handlebars. All of them had internal permanent batteries too and neither of us likes that.

My knee surprisingly didn't hurt at all, but it didn't feel right either - kind of lumpy and feeble. Anyway, no pain is a good indicator.










No comments: