Saturday, May 13, 2023

2023 Diablo Day 18 - Saturday Morning Junction

First off - North Gate Road will be closed for several months starting next week for road repairs. No word yet on how much they'll re-do, but the new single-lane section before Diablo Ranch is definitely in the scope of work.


All the weather reports said it was going to be very warm, so I got started just a little earlier than usual, and it was really nice. Warmer weather makes my jerseys stink more than they should... there's probably a scientific reason for that.

Still lots of poppies and wildflowers to look at, but the explosion of color is no more. There was a big group from a club ride (I think the Western Wheelers because lots of them had Sequoia Century jerseys on) that were all over The Mountain in small to medium sized groups; lots of older folks and more than a few eBikes.

On the way down, I went past 36! touring motorcycles coming up - they were riding single file and passing carefully and not too fast and they had a follow car that looked like a cross between the Batmobile and a Jeep.

Knee update:  there is no update. Gave me a little trouble, now it's throbbing a bit. I'm going to rub in some stuff and put up my feet.







 

No comments: