Wednesday, May 17, 2023

2023 Diablo Day 19 - Wednesday Morning Junction

Tomorrow is the LAST DAY that NGR will be open to anybody for months while they do much needed road work. Charlie suggested a 1030 ride to beat the heat - then he wore long sleeves and a jacket. I forgot to take my Ibuprofen and electrolytes... so my knee wasn't cooperating but I didn't get any cramps.

Boy the weeds on the side of the road are getting tall and out of control... this portends grass fires in the near future, but for now there's still water in the creeks.

At Junction we saw quite a few people I knew. There was also a woman who told me about her hip replacement - both sides... still a little unstable. Then another guy recognized ME and it was Blog Reader Keith. Haven't seen him since we were both perceptibly younger. We talked about sewage, tuberculosis, COVID, and moustaches. Then we took a selfie.

On the way down, just around the Ranger House, I noticed my camera at a cockeyed angle and before I could grab it, it fell to the ground and slid into the ditch. The handlebar mount had broken, and now the camera door was broken and I couldn't get it back together.  I kind of got it working again when I got home but I'm not sure how much longer it's gonna last. I have another mount I can use until then though.

Diablo Shoutout to Lance Oldstrong whom I saw while I was descending and didn't stop.










Keith

No comments: