Saturday, September 09, 2023

2023 Diablo Day 48 - Saturday Junction. Turnout Pledge Ride #22.

The Mount Diablo Cyclists are fund raising for more bike turnouts! I have pledged to donate $5 for every time I ride Diablo until the end of September; won't you join me?  The State of California will MATCH our donations! Here's the link - tell them DiabloScott sent you.  

LINK->  Bike Turnouts

Diablo Challenge training was in full force today - lots and lots of serious riders riding seriously. Got my less serious ride done before it got too hot.

There was also reportedly a running or hiking thing going on, but I didn't see any actual runners, just the aid stations and signs.

A couple more weeks and North Gate Road should be open, but no official announcement that I've seen.

I was right behind this guy until he turned down Camino Tassajara.

I followed this rider for a while, then dusted him right after the Kiosk.




What if they held a running event, and nobody came?

It was right HERE, that I determined to not do the Diablo Challenge this year.






Kasters! A NGR regular.



Don't know this rider, but for a minute, at a red light, in a left turn lane... our lives intersected.

No comments: