Saturday, October 21, 2023

2023 Diablo Day 53 - Saturday Morning Junction


Met JB at The Gate, and we started making excuses for being slow. Hardly saw any cars all morning. 

Perfect riding weather - won't be long until I'll need tights though. My knee was complaining until we got to The Bump when I pushed it hard and it quit sassing me.

I stayed with JB until I decided I needed to go faster to break 60 minutes, and then I unfurled my fury and came in with a 59.

At Junction we met a couple who hugged each other when they rode in. JB asked them if that was because they had thought they might not make it, and the husband said it was the first time to Junction since the wife had beat cancer. That was a good moment, and I decided not to complain about my knee any more.

Tarantula Tally: 1 

Wildlife Encounter: Deer near Burma




















No comments: