Saturday, October 28, 2023

2023 Diablo Day 54 - Saturday Morning Junction. SGR plus Rock Basket Kicker

Today I didn't want to drive to NGR, but I did want to ride with JB, so I went up the Easy Side alone, stopped at Junction for a bit, and then went down the north side and stopped at the Rock Baskets and waited for JB to ride up. I pretty much knew what time he'd be there and it worked out fine. I got a few extra miles and a another 1,000 feet of climbing in so it was a good workout that worked out good.

I was hoping to make it to November before digging out my tights, but this morning put the kibosh on that idea. First ride of the season in tights, windbreaker, and full-fingered gloves.

Wildlife Encounters:

  • Dozens of turkeys
  • One coyote
  • One deer 

At Junction I talked to Colnago Ted who told me a great story about when he was bitten on the head by a rabid coyote when he was camping at Yosemite.

JB and I talked about the coming cold weather and the smoky atmosphere... and a little politics.



















No comments: