Saturday, November 04, 2023

2023 Diablo Day 55 - Saturday Morning Junction. SGR plus Rock Basket Kicker

Last ride of DST 2023. Maybe when the clocks turn back I'll get faster! I was a little over-dressed because it warmed up fast - but I don't need to freeze my water bottles any more.

I like my new routine of going up SGR, hanging around for a while, and then riding down NGR to meet JB and come back up. I get more miles, a thousand more vertical feet, and more buddy time. Plus I can go as hard as I want going up the south side and still be faster than JB for the finish.

No wildlife and no roadkill and no tarantulas today. There was chatter about rain but that never materialized. Winter's coming though, and I've gotta get my winter bike in shape.

At my second Junction, Rick (who just got back from Greece) and some buddies rolled in and we chatted for a while, that was nice.








This is that cool rock wall they put on across from the Rock Baskets.




This is where I like to crack and stretch my back.








This guy tried to stay with me as I passed - HA!



No comments: