Saturday, August 29, 2026

2026 Diablo Day 44 - Saturday Morning Muir

Beautiful day, had a little extra time, rode a little conservatively and felt good all the way to Muir. I saw Colnago Ted and Tuck next to each other descending Summit Road, but I don't think they were riding together.

I had a Dolly Parton playlist on the Diablo Bike Sound System. What a loss.

The Berkeley Bike Club was on The Mountain today... those are some hard-core folks. They didn't stay in a pack, so I was being passed every few minutes by another one.

My disk brakes are getting a little noisy. The folks at Trek Alamo showed me how to adjust them, but I haven't fiddled with them yet... I guess it's about time to learn; in fact, I should probably get good at it... and tubeless flat fixing too, because the gravel wheels are going back on pretty soon.

This week I received a gift card from a class-action suit against Anthem Blue Cross - the suit claimed they over-charged members. I got an email a few months ago from some lawyer that got my name from somewhere, I checked it out and it was all legit so I said "yeah, I want in", and then I got $120 to spend; not enough for anything really cool, so I ordered a bunch of gels and powders from Hammer Nutrition.








Cal Jersey Autoblog


No comments: