Wednesday, August 26, 2020

2020 WNR 24

The Mountain has been closed or the air has been too smoky to ride for a couple weeks... so when I saw the report for decent air and the announcement that The Park was open, I planned for a big day on the bike.  I decided to do the iconic route called "Every Inch of Diablo".  Up North, Down South, Back Up South to Summit, and then Down North.  My legs were pretty rubbery at the end of all that.

Wildlife Encounter: a single deer.

Roadkill Report: a little bird

The smoke was definitely a factor, but it didn't feel like it was doing any permanent damage. I was on a long ride so I didn't do any intervals or sprints. My regular Wednesday crew decided to stay home, so it was kind of a lonely ride too.

The Upper Summit Lot was closed... WTAF?  I didn't do Every Inch of Diablo to get to the Bottom of The Wall and not continue... but I didn't want Strava to record me in unauthorized territory either... and that's all I'm going to say about that.













This means YOU!



No comments: