Wednesday, August 04, 2021

WNR Junction #3 Since Patella Fracture

I was really looking forward to today.  Not too hot, knee's feeling OK, Charlie's coming with me. I had physical therapy in the morning and they worked me pretty good but I didn't feel tired... at first. 

It got a little hotter than I was expecting, and I was more tired than I was expecting, and I had to stop THREE times for stretch/rest breaks. Charlie was a good sport and rode easy but was still faster than me so he had to circle back a couple times. The knee didn't hurt too much, but it doesn't work quite right either so I get sore and achy in the back and neck.

Wildlife Encounter: deer and bobcat... I didn't see them but Charlie did so that counts.

There was an announcement about road work - sorely needed, and we saw them doing some general repair work.  There was also a recent announcement that the State has approved funding for the bike turnout lanes so that will soon be a reality.  LINK

Assuming the fastest way to get back to normal is to RIDE MORE, I'll start prepping for my next Junction... maybe Saturday?

Happy birthday to Diablo Brother, who's had some knee injuries of his own.





Diablo Shoutout to Meneer Knaven!


Road work on NGR!  Apparently this is for another "don't pass around blind turns" sign.

Cal Jersey autoblog

No comments: